Ready to challenge yourself?
Participating in the Arctic Circle Race in Sisimiut, Greenland, alongside nearly 250 eager participants is indeed a thrilling and challenging adventure. The rugged wilderness and extreme conditions make it a truly unique and rewarding experience for those who are up to the challenge. Whether you’re a seasoned cross-country skier or someone looking to test their limits, the Arctic Circle Race offers an incredible opportunity to push your physical and mental boundaries while exploring the stunning Arctic landscapes.
As a participant, you’ll be part of a select group of individuals from around the world who share a passion for outdoor adventure and a love for the sport of cross-country skiing. Your journey will not only be about the race but also an opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture and experience the warmth and hospitality of the Inuit people in Sisimiut.
Remember to prepare well, both in terms of your skiing skills and the necessary equipment to withstand the challenging weather conditions. Safety and proper gear are paramount in the Arctic environment.
To register for the Arctic Circle Race, you can follow these steps:
Click the Registration Button: Look for the "Register" button on the website, and click on it. This button will typically be prominently displayed on frontpage, the registration or event information page.
2. Contact Form
Fill out the Registration Form: You will be directed to a registration form. Provide all the required information, including your personal details, contact information, and any other information requested.
After filling out the registration form, you will need to complete your registration by making a payment. You can typically pay using a credit card, Mobilepay or by making a direct payment via an internet bank, as mentioned in the registration instructions. Be sure to have your payment details ready.
4. Confirmation Email
After successfully making the payment, you should receive a confirmation email. This email will confirm your registration for the Arctic Circle Race and may include important event details, such as race logistics, participant guidelines, and contact information for any inquiries.
It’s essential to read and follow all the instructions provided during the registration process to ensure a smooth and successful registration for the race.
If you have any questions or encounter any issues during the registration process, the event’s organizers may provide contact information for assistance or inquiries.
Click here to access the pricing and registration form for the Arctic Circle Race.
Feel free to send us a message regarding ACR registration, and we will work on responding to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Before sending us query, pleaese check frequently asked questions.
Arrival to Sisimiut – Greenland
Race competitors will register at Sisimiut Airport, where luggage labels will be issued. It is mandatory for all luggage to be clearly labeled.
Transportation from the airport to accommodation will be available, for all participants.
Once you’ve registered, there are some key things to keep in mind.
Things to remember before the race:
It’s important that you are registered before the race, the registration take place in the race office, which is in Taseralik the cultural house beside the ACR Arena.
The waxing house are open for every participant in ACR, it is located across the ACR Office – Taseralik-cultural house. Red house, you can see the location here.
There will be also waxing house available in every ACR Camp.
Before the Race
It’s important that you have to be ready before the race starts. With start number, chip, and the right equipment for the race. You will receive an ACR map folder with start number and information about the race.
1. Classic style
2. Ensure the start number is clearly visible.
3. No dropping of litter.
4. Pack for the expedition, including a rucksack and extra clothes.
- Face mask
- Extra cap
- Extra gloves (woolen gloves – thick, not ordinary ones)
- Moisturizer, which does not contain water
- Complete set of woolen underwear (long johns and a high-necked shirt)
- Wind-tight jacket
- Wind-tight trousers
- Woolen socks
- Strong sunglasses, i.e. with fairly dark lenses
- Hot drink in thermos (0.5-1.0 liter, steel thermos is recommended)
- Food/energy bars, minimum approx. 5000 kJ (1500 Kcal) emergency rations for 24 hours.
- Route map.
- First aid kit, including an aluminum foil blanket, whistle, and survival suit, will be provided for you in Sisimiut.Cover for ski boots.
- Remember to bring along your own drinking cup/water bottle, as there will be no throw-away
- cups or water bottles available at the drinking stations during the race.
5. Stay on track in case of bad weather or accidents.
6. Participants are required to overnight only in their assigned tents.
7. Registration must be completed at least 5 minutes before the race starts.
8. Changes between the 160 Km and 100 Km routes must be clearly marked and officially registered.
9. Participants from the 160 KM category must be positioned at the front for each starting event.
There will be presentation with signs that will be used and visible during the race, on the intro day in Taseralik – Cultural center (program will be available soon).
You must also bring a medium-sized travel bag (approximately 60 liters) with a maximum weight of 15 kilograms for your other items. This bag will be transferred between the starting point and the ACR camp. All bags will be transported in containers that do not protect against frost. Additionally, snowfall or disturbance of snow during the transfer can lead to moisture, so both the bag and the sleeping bag must be protected.
Travel bag contents:
- Sleeping bag with comfort temperature of -30 °C.
- Thermal groundsheet
- Cutlery, plates and cup
- Food and drink for 3 days (4-6000 Kcal per day)
- Ski wax (wax for colder conditions than -5 °C is recommended)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, etc.)
- Plaster for blisters (e.g., Competed)
- Extra sun block with a high SPF (15-20) without water
- Woolen underwear (long johns and high-neck shirt) and woolen socks.
- Spare clothes and warm boots.
- NB: In Sisimiut you will get a luggage label, which must be attached to your travel bag at the beginning of the race.
The weather in Greenland varies significantly, making it important to check the forecast a few days before the race starts.
As participants, you will be in close proximity to the volunteers around the clock, from start to finish.
- Security Patrol
- Radio and registration members
- Jury Members
As mentioned above, the volunteers will work collaboratively, standing by to ensure the safety of all participants and to provide transportation in the event of injuries or illnesses.
The races are conducted against the clock, with timekeeping managed by officials who monitor each competitor’s performance. Competitors are closely tracked and may be accompanied by snowmobiles and dogsledders for support and assistance.
There will be commando-central from ACR Arena-Taseralik the cultural house, where all communication and registration of all volunteers, security team and every traffic between the arena and the ACR camp will be staffed 24 hours every day until the end of ACR race.
Here you can see all the ACR volunteers’ uniforms.
Best of luck with your participation in the Arctic Circle Race, and may your adventure be filled with unforgettable moments and personal achievements. Enjoy every moment of tackling the wilderness in Sisimiut!